Welcome to Visalia Unified School District!
Registration for all new elementary school children, including kindergarten and transitional kindergarten, will be completed and submitted online beginning at 8:00 a.m., Monday, March 15. Please contact your school office for information on enrollment for middle and high school.
Please read this important information first and see access links below in 'Online New Student Enrollment.'
If you are interested in enrolling your student at Global Learning Charter (GLC), do not complete the online form. GLC enrolls on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please complete our Enrollment Request form (found here) and return it to email@example.com to begin the enrollment process. You will be notified if space is available. Please call the Global Learning Charter School office for additional questions.
If your student is currently enrolled in Visalia Unified Preschool and will be turning 5 yrs old between September 2, 2021- December 2, 2021, you will not need to re-enroll using the online or paper-packet method. The Preschool Program will forward your child’s enrollment information to your local school of residence. Do not complete the online or paper packet for your preschool student.
In order to be eligible for Kindergarten, your child must be five years of age on or before September 1. In order to be eligible for first grade, your child must be six years of age on or before September 1.
Transitional kindergarten is available for children who turn five years of age between September 2 – December 2. Transitional Kindergarten is a two-year kindergarten experience and is provided at all Visalia Unified elementary schools.
When registering your child for school, you will need to scan and upload a copy of your child's birth certificate, baptismal record, passport, birth record, or guardian affidavit for verification of age. In addition, you must provide proof of your current residence (any one of the following): an electric bill, gas bill, any utility bill, or closing escrow papers. Please click on this link https://techservices.vusd.org/boardpolicies/BP5111-1.pdf to review the VUSD board policy for other acceptable documentation. Please reach out to your designated school site for clarification on acceptable proof of address if you have concerns or questions.
The State requires proper immunization before your child can enter school. It will be necessary for you to scan and upload a record of your child's immunizations to complete registration.
- DPT Series and booster: 5 doses, 4 doses meet requirement if 4th dose given on or after 4th birthday
- Polio Series and booster: 4 doses, 3 doses meet requirement if 3rd dose given on or after 4th birthday
- MMR: 2 doses (1st dose on or after first birthday)
- HEPATITIS B: 3 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): 2 doses or medical documentation that child has had the disease
- TB (PPD/Mantoux) Skin Test: Documentation must show the date that the test was given AND results. Multiple puncture tests are not acceptable
A physical will be required by the 90th day of enrollment in first grade. We encourage you to complete this physical during your child's kindergarten year. You may then bring the verification that a physical has been completed to the school office.
To look up which school your child should be attending, use our attendance area boundary map tool at https://www.vusd.org/mapapp - once the map loads, you can enter the student's residence address in search box. You should get a pop-up with the location and school of attendance like the image below.
We look forward to serving your family as your child begins their education with us!
Please note: If you have submitted an application in person or online please do not submit another one. Please contact your school site’s office.
Online New Student Enrollment - Opens on March 15, 2021
If you’ve used our online process before to complete the back-to-school registration (emergency card), you can log in with that account. Otherwise, you must create an account – click the “Create Account” button. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to answer all the questions? Only questions marked with “required” are required.
- What if I make a mistake? When reviewing your entries on the “Review & Submit” page, click the Edit link to return to the page for that item.
- I need to take a break. The data you've entered in the form is automatically saved. You can come back to the form at any time to complete your enrollment submission.
- I’ve completed the form and reviewed my entries. Now what? When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions. You’ll also have the opportunity to save or print the form if you’d like after completing the process.
- I have a question about enrollment or I don't understand a question on the form: Please contact your student's school office, Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. You can find telephone numbers here.
- Help! I’m having technical difficulties: For technical support, contact the PowerSchool Registration support line at 866-752-6850, select option 1.
For more information on Inter-District and Intra-District requests, contact: